TED Talks are designed to educate, inspire, and build bridges in order to overcome various issues. But did you know, TED talks can be a great resource to increase your knowledge of your own mental health?
During these talks and presentations, the speakers intentionally and purposefully talk through their own personal experiences in order to relate further to their audience; proving to you that you are not alone in whatever it is that you're going through.
Here is our list of the top 10 TED Talks that cater to your mental health:
1. The Power of Vulnerability by Brené Brown
2. Don't Suffer From Your Depression in Silence by Nikki Webber
3. There’s No Shame in Taking Care of Your Mental Health: Sangu Delle
4. What is Depression? Helen M. Farrell
5. How to Stay Calm When You Know You’ll be Stressed: Daniel Levitin
6. The Bridge Between Suicide & Life: Kevin Briggs
7. The Voices in my Head: Eleanor Longden
8. A Tale of Mental Illness, From the Inside: Elyn Saks
9. A Simple Way to Break Bad Habits: Judson Brewer
10. How to Start a Conversation on Suicide: Jeremy Forbes
It's always good to watch the speakers talk about their own experiences that relate to struggling with mental health. It kicks the stigma to the curb when addressing hiding how you feel and pretending to feel ok when you really don’t.
Remember that knowledge is power!